During these unprecedented times, few would argue that Human Resources professionals are bearing a heavy burden in attempting to define best practices in our ‘new normal’ and create protocols for conducting business remotely.
In this blog, ISC’s team of recruiters have rounded up 3 useful tips that top flight HR managers have implemented to help their organization work effectively through the coronavirus crisis.
Communicate Updated Information
Smart HR professionals have instituted a messaging system where all employees know the level of importance of all communications, and where to access that information. For example, a high level red message would require immediate attention.
In these volatile times, it is essential for management to be able to communicate clearly and efficiently. Having a messaging system in place to get information to your team in a consistent and accessible manner is crucial for success.
It’s critical to ensure that all employees are aware of the new SOPs and other adjustments in their business operations, for instance:
- Resources for remote work assistance
- Changes in the hours of business operations
- Changes in the delivery and shipment times
- A list of updated email addresses and contact numbers for better communication with the managers and team leads
- Engaging in conversation about and sending out resources and material on maintaining mental health during the pandemic
- Notifying employees on time about any new changes.
We are living through a pandemic. These are strange times and none of us were prepared for something like this. Allowing your business to be flexible whenever possible during these trying times will have a positive impact on its operations and the productivity of your workers.
Flexibility will include everything from creating comfortable working hours to providing the necessary resources and equipment to enable employees to work from home.
The ability to adapt will be one of the most important factors to determine how companies fair during these challenging times.
Create a culture where leadership is open to thinking outside of the box and being open to new ways of doing things.
The more open-minded leadership is in reviewing different ways to achieve their goals, the higher their chances of not only survival, but success in today and tomorrow’s market.
Encourage Safe Work Practices
The impact of personal and workplace hygiene practices on everyone’s health cannot be over-emphasized.
Companies that acknowledge this and openly address risk factors for the health of their team will reap the rewards.
Whether your team is working remotely or at the office, in either case, it’s essential to encourage your employees to comply with the safety guidelines provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and CDC. Encourage them to:
- Wash their hands frequently and adequately for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching their face with hands
- Abide by the guidelines of social distancing
- Always maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other people
- Disinfect their workspaces or surfaces they frequently touch at home
- Frequently sanitize their hands (companies should deploy hand sanitizers throughout the workplace)
- Wear masks and gloves while at work or going out for grocery shopping or any other purpose
- Ensure cleaning crews are sanitizing personal work areas on a daily basis
- Ensure cleaning crews are sanitizing shared work areas multiple times a day
For all of those amazing individuals that work in Human Resources, we applaud you. HR is the hub of any well-run company, and we know you have a lot of your plate right now.
Since 1999, International Search Consultants, has been providing exceptional candidates as well as top-notch customer service to our clients across the nation. Please feel free to reach out at any point so we can help you by sourcing candidates for any critical fill roles that you may have. We would love to take key role recruiting off your plate, so you can focus on the helping your employees adjust to a new way of working. We provide weekly updates on active searches, and can handle multiple searches with one point of contact.
Contact ISC today to strategize on your current hiring needs!