ISC’s team of Sales Recruiters is partnering with a growing Transportation company to recruit candidates for a VP of Business Development & Operations position in the greater Detroit, MI area.
VP of Business Development & Operations – Transportation – Do you have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Transportation / Logistics or related discipline. MBA preferred.
• 5+ years of outside sales and new business development experience in transportation / logistics.
• 5+ years of experience leading and managing a team of sales and operations managers and individual contributors.
• Ability to leverage and build strategic partnerships to maximize sales and grow the business.
• Proven track of success in sales, business development and operations in the transportation / logistics industry.
• Must have prior experience working with agents/agent base model.
• Acquisition and merger experience preferred.
• Must have excellent leadership, communication, planning, negotiation, problem solving and closing skills.
• Proven organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to travel 20-25%.
VP of Business Development & Operations Transportation – Responsibilities:
• Provide strategic direction and leadership to business development /sales and operations team and agent locations.
• Spearhead operational efficiencies to improve financial performance, revenue growth and services.
• Align Transportation sales objectives with the company’s business strategy through active participation in sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
• Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
• P&L management.
• Review market analyses to determine customer needs, agent needs and volume potential.
VP of Business Development & Operations – If you qualify for this opportunity, the company offers:
• Competitive base salary plus bonus potential
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
• Vacation and PTO
• Relocation assistance
• Great work environment with very low turnover rate!
How to apply:
Referrals: Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We pay $500 for referrals that result in a hire and keep all referrals confidential, unless you ask us to use your name. We’re looking for a VP of Business Development & Operations for Transportation…whose name comes to mind? Please send referrals to