ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters are partnering with a well-established and growing Property Management Firm on Property Accounting opportunities at both the VP and Director level. The organization is highly regarded as a leader in Commercial and Multifamily Property Management, with a well-recognized name, as well as a growing portfolio.
The VP of Property Accounting will oversee 4 Directors and their teams, supporting around 40 individuals. While the Director of Property Accounting opportunity entails overseeing a team consisting of a controller and ten staff accountants for a total of around 15 reports. Both roles are an excellent opportunity to interface directly with clients, give input to broader projects, improve & streamline processes and make a large impact on this stable and growing organization. They’re looking for well-rounded senior accounting candidates with experience within the commercial or multifamily property management spaces who live in either the Austin, TX or Phoenix, AZ areas.
VP of Property Accounting Responsibilities Include:
• The opportunity to manage a team of 40+ individuals, cross-collaborate with directors and teams, spearhead ongoing improvement of systems, implementation and streamlining of processes/controls, in an autonomous and collegial environment.
• Charged with planning and orchestrating accounting functions including financial reporting, cash management, auditing, and cost control systems for assigned teams
• Oversee up to 4 teams, including controllers, staff accountants, administrative support staff and supervisors while managing recruiting efforts for the teams.
• Maintain financial integrity for all assigned properties.
• Build effective rapport with C-suite leadership, direct client interface, collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, always ensuring utmost efficiency, accuracy, and client service.
• Continually motivate teams, optimizing performance and cultivating top talent
• Participate in professional development initiatives, always staying up to date on strategic training, reporting, software, and internal policies/procedures
• Present to potential clients as needed.
Property Accounting Rewards- If you qualify for this opportunity, the Firm offers the below:
• The Property Accounting Team is dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated.
• Highly competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, ongoing career training for immediate and long-term career development
• The growing organization touts an excellent company culture as an exciting place to work with high employee retention rates due to a people-first focus
• High visibility internally and with clients, opportunity to make a large impact on the organization and professional future.
VP of Property Accounting Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/Finance/equivalent experience required. Advanced degree or CPA, CMA a plus
• 9+ years of Property Management Experience preferred.
• 9+ years of Managerial experience, overseeing a large team, preferred.
• Industry Specific Software experience, preferred: Yardi, RealPage/Onesite, Entrata, MRI
• Strong project/change management skills fomenting best practices as both a collaborative and autonomous leader, required.
• Self-motivated and energetic professional with effective organizational/multi-tasking skills within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply
Please contact Jaami Clement, , 888-866-6625.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. We’re looking for sharp Senior Property Accountants/Financial Analysts and ideally candidates that are not looking – who’s name comes to mind? Let Jaami know at .