ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters has been retained by a prominent and growing global investment firm. The firm specializes in providing customized global investment management and investment advisory services to their clients – Ultra-High Net Worth individuals, families, trusts, foundations, and endowments. They’re seeking a talented Vice President of Accounting Policy and SEC Reporting to provide support for geographic expansion and continued growth.
The VP, Accounting Policy and SEC Reporting will work closely with the Controller and CFO and will be responsible for accounting policy and financial reporting and control responsibilities for the company globally across several entities.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably within public accounting space as well as experience within a financial reporting role in a publicly traded company.
- Experience within Wealth Management and/or Asset Management highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge and experience with GAAP; experience and familiarity with IFRS desirable.
- Functional knowledge of designing, implementing, and testing of internal controls for SOX Compliance.
- Experience with oversight of multiple entities, managing and reporting across multiple jurisdictions.
- Proficiency with reporting software and systems, e.g. Hyperion, Workiva, NetSuite, Oracle, or Sage
- Experience with acquisition accounting and integrations, purchase price allocations, consolidations, eliminations, and post M&A financial reporting and systems support.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Rapidly growing and well-established organization with high visibility and career growth potential.
- Competitive total compensation program.
- Rewarding culture and team within a client focused, family-oriented firm.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with Controller team to develop, implement, and maintain global accounting policies.
- Managing the SEC financial reporting process inclusive of 10-K, 10-Q, Form 8-K, and XBRL filings.
- Continual process improvement and innovation partnering with key internal stakeholders to design, build and implement more efficient financial operation processes.
- Improve internal control framework and ensure controls are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Provide support to implement and integrate global ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, MIS (Management Information System) and other financial reporting, operation, and control systems.
- Continually research and stay well-informed to US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and changes to regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provide support and counsel to global offices on IFRSs and GAAP accounting
- Assist in accounting for potential merger/acquisitions.
- Perform or support technical accounting analysis, including purchase price allocation (PPA) for acquisitions, goodwill and intangible assets accounting, capitalization vs. expense issues, and revenue recognition.
How to Apply:
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. Please contact Jennifer with referral contact information.