ISC’s Higher Education Recruitment Team is partnering with a leading nonprofit organization to identify a talented Vice President of External Affairs in California. This is a newly created opportunity for a leader who will drive the mission of providing educational initiatives to families nationally.
Vice President of External Affairs Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing/ Communications, Public Relations, or a relevant discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
• 8+ years of experience working with or in the education or nonprofit regions.
• Work remotely (must reside in CA) with the ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
• Prior experience managing a minimum of 6 direct reports.
• Demonstrated leader who is mission-driven and capable of creating and leading a cohesive team.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills engaging with people from various divisions.
• A dynamic leader proficient in developing lasting relationships internally and externally by demonstrating high ethical standards.
• Experience interacting with government and/ or public officials, and the media.
• Able to confidently represent and execute the organization’s vision, building trust with key stakeholders through effective marketing strategies.
Vice President of External Affairs Rewards:
• Remote work opportunity, traveling 25% of the time.
• A newly created role with a well-established organization that has great presence in the higher education industry.
• A collaborative and supportive culture with the goal of improving educational opportunities nationally.
• Generous benefits package.
Vice President of External Affairs Responsibilities:
• Operates with a sound understanding of the mission and strategic plan and collaborates on fundraising initiatives with the leadership team.
• Oversee the communication strategies providing guidance on public and media relations to enhance the organization’s brand.
• Engage with the Board of Directors and build lasting relationships with stakeholders internally and externally.
• Develop a strategic plan to lead the external relations department on all aspects of communications.
• Creates cohesive communication across various marketing platforms.
• Manage departmental budget.
• Highly skilled in analyzing the effects of brand and marketing initiatives providing direction on the appropriate strategies.
• Collaborate on developing and monitoring legislation and government regulations.
• Partners with senior leadership on financial projections.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. Please contact Jennifer with referral contact information.