Our client is a prominent and well-established Wealth Manager with a presence throughout the U.S and internationally. The Wilmington, DE office serves as the Trust Company for the Firm and due to continued growth, the team is looking for an experienced Trust Officer (JD) to join their collaborative team.
The Trust Officer will be responsible for day-to-day trust administration, review, and oversight of multi-generational and large, complex trusts. This individual will work closely with the Managing Director of the office with opportunities to continue growing.
Trust Officer Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree is required, JD is highly preferred.
• CTFA, CFP, CFA, CPA
• Minimum of 5 years of Fiduciary and Trust experience administering and overseeing trusts for Ultra High Net Worth Clients. (Family Office level – must have experience reading, reviewing, and administering large complex trusts).
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of legal documents surrounding trusts, estate planning and finance, including trust agreements, deeds, powers of appointment, powers of attorney, stock powers, assignments, disclaimers, and partnership agreements. Comfortable with complex asset structures.
Trust Officer Rewards:
• Exposure to massive relationships and extremely complex trusts; administration of these trusts with the opportunity to see interesting wealth strategies and plans for Ultra-High-Net-Worth individuals/families. (Domestic & International).
• Competitive base, bonus, and comp structure with excellent benefits.
• Fast-paced and exciting work environment – Regular hours with limited overtime – Rewarding culture and team within a client focused, family-oriented firm.
Trust Officer Responsibilities:
• Manage and oversee trust relationships, provide administration of trust accounts, and provide guidance and input on complex wealth structures.
• Review of all new accounts, including trust instruments, portfolio holdings, partnership agreements.
• Oversee and prepare annual reviews.
• Partner closely with other departments (investment/portfolio management, tax, operations, and planned giving/foundations) to ensure client activities are properly handled.
• Oversee the processes of drafting correspondence to clients.
• Review all cashiering requests, transfers/distributions, trust accounting transactions and market value updates.
• Coordinate with tax and operations departments to provide clients with information required for tax filings and management of accounting records.
• Contribute to internal committees on an ongoing basis as apart of the senior team.
• Ongoing project management and input on process improvement as the organization grows.