ISC’s team of Semiconductor Manufacturing Recruiters are partnering with a world leading specialty company for analog/mixed-signal semiconductor technologies to identify candidates for a Technical / Business Director – Epitaxial in Lubbock, TX.
Technical / Business Director – Epitaxial Requirements – Do you have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Chemistry or related technical discipline. MBA degree preferred.
• Must have 5+ years of Wide Band Gap SiC material process integration experience in a wafer fab environment.
• Strong device physics or semiconductor physics knowledge.
• Thorough understanding of process flow and interactions.
• In-depth technical knowledge of EPI processes.
• Prior experience developing business goals, objectives and KPI’s.
• Must be goal-oriented and deadline driven.
• Strong project management and budgeting and scheduling skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and team environment.
• Self-driven, excellent communication both verbal and written, interpersonal, organizational, planning, decision making and problem solving.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include, Word, Outlook, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience preferred.
• Ability to travel within the U.S. and international.
Technical / Business Director – Epitaxial – Rewards – If you qualify for this opportunity, the company offers:
• Competitive base salary
• Annual bonus
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K
• Vacation and PTO
• Culture that allows a lot of autonomy.
• Innovative work environment!
• Opportunity to work in teams and ability to make decisions.
Technical / Business Director – Epitaxial – Responsibilities:
• Define SiC EPI process requirements, formal release of all SiC EPI process offerings, customer adoption of SiC EPI offerings and business and financial model.
• Work directly with SiC customers.
• Provide technical direction for the requirements, design and integration of SiC EPI offerings.
• Create and maintain a strategic supply chain.
• Apply industry and bench marking knowledge to improve EPI service to customers.
• Partner with functional department heads to create a system to detect deficiencies and implement effective solutions / KPI’s.
• Create and execute development and business plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Prepare proposals for executive management team.
• Manage technical resources within budget and projects.
• Deliver high quality services to internal and external customers.
• Communicate effectively to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
• Work with functional teams to develop and implement a system that uses inspection data and device yield results to drive EPI wafer quality improvements.
• Research IP space and coordinate licensing arrangements.
• Work with SiC suppliers to identify and develop strategic sourcing relationships.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in a hire. Rest assured, we keep referral sources confidential unless directed otherwise. Please send referrals to Carolyn McClendon at