ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters are partnering with a well-established Investment Firm specializing in providing customized investment solutions and real estate services to a select group of Companies and Ultra-High-Net-Worth Individuals. The firm is looking for two Tax Associates to join their team. These are both excellent opportunities to provide customized solutions in a collaborative environment.
The Senior role requires someone with 6 + years of experience of managing individual and fiduciary taxes, as well as exposure to partnerships returns.
The Associate role is ideal for someone with 3-6 years of experience coming out of public accounting looking for an opportunity on the private side that allows for continuing education, challenges, and a diverse set of work.
Both roles offer opportunities to rotate within the broader team, gaining exposure to individual and corporate returns, analysis and projection work, as well as a gaining broad technical experience and diversity in what you work on.
Tax Associate Responsibilities:
• Conduct research and/or prepare work papers related to taxation and compile tax projections quarterly and annually.
• Assist with methodical planning of internal matters related to taxation.
• Analyze multi-entity, multi-state income tax returns prepared by outside tax consultants.
• Periodically manage special tax projects, working cohesively in a team setting.
• Ensure that external tax professionals are complying with tax laws.
• Ensure that federal, state, and local tax notices are resolved and assist with examinations.
• Participate in tax filing for multi-state, sales, real estate, excise, and other entities on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
Tax Associate Rewards:
• Gain broad technical experience, starting with business operations all the way through to dealing with owners/executives of businesses, to seeing foundation & fiduciary returns, to real estate and oil & gas.
• Ability to have diversity in what you’ll work on in a role that offers the technical challenges you’d see within Public Accounting but within a Privately held organization.
• Rotation and opportunities to advance within the team with continuing education and training.
• Autonomy over your position while collaborating and strategizing with the firm’s top executives.
• Rewarding culture within a client focused, family-oriented firm.
Tax Associate Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Graduate degree with a focus in tax is preferred.
• 3+ years of accounting/tax experience with ideally Real Estate and partnership tax accounting.
• Preferably trusts and foundation knowledge.
• Exuberates excellent communication, integrity, and professionalism across all levels in a business setting.
• Highly analytical person with excellent skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. Please contact Jennifer with referral contact information.