ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters is partnering with a prominent Wealth Manager (RIA) with offices throughout the U.S. The firm specializes in providing customized investment management and investment advisory services to their clients – Ultra-High Net Worth individuals, families, trusts, foundations, and endowments. Our client has a Fiduciary Counsel/Estate Planner role open due to succession planning and looking for a strong attorney with Trust and Estate Planning experience in the Palm Beach market.
This is an excellent opportunity to be highly visible and play a key role maintaining and strengthening the Office’s Estate Planning, managing complex Ultra High Net Worth Clients with tremendous long-term growth potential.
Senior Vice President Requirements:
• Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant law practice, estate planning and fiduciary experience.
• J.D. and active registration with a State Bar Association.
• L.L.M. in taxation preferred.
• Excellent communication skill, written and verbal, with internal and external stakeholders are essential to this role.
Senior Vice President Rewards:
• Rapidly growing and well-established organization.
• High visibility to Executive Leadership with opportunities to expand the position and continued professional development.
• Competitive base, bonus, and compensation structure with excellent benefits.
• Rewarding culture and team within a client focused, family-oriented firm.
Senior Vice President Responsibilities:
• Advise on clients’ estate plans and trust documents, including technical matters, suggesting changes if appropriate.
• Deliver legal guidance and expertise as in-house counsel. Advise other colleagues, including Relationship Managers and Investment professionals on Fiduciary procedures. Educate and assist in training other colleagues on Fiduciary matters.
• Partner with outside counsel on fiduciary issues and litigation.
• Recognize potential tax issues for clients from a trust and estates standpoint and act as a resource for internal Relationship Managers, clients and their outside attorneys and advisors.
• Create and draft memos or letters for clients with recommendations alongside the estate plan overview.
• Partner with Relationship Managers and Investment team, when necessary, to attend prospective client meetings to discuss trust and estates specific matters.
• Partake in professional organizations, activities and the local Bar Association and Estate Planning Council to increase professional knowledge.
• Continually stay up to date on legal and estate planning trends by attending seminars and conferences, by conducting research and by reviewing relevant legal, tax, financial planning, and trust and estate publications.
• Partner with the philanthropic advisory group and tax department on private foundations, split interest trusts and other charitable planning.
We gladly pay $500 referral fees for referrals that result in a hire. If you know someone who may be a fit, please send their name/info to Lisa Finch. All referrals are confidential; we will not use your name unless directed otherwise.