Our Client is a prominent Investment firm that specializes in managing assets for high net worth individuals, families, institutions, trusts and foundations.
The Senior Tax Accountant will be instrumental in partnering with UHNW Clients and preparing individual federal, state and local tax returns, as well as trust, partnership and foundation returns. This individual will also work with Advisors on sophisticated tax strategies including income tax planning, review of tax documents and assistance in K-1 preparation.
The opportunity is open due to internal promotion and offers a competitive full package, excellent work environment with tremendous long-term advancement.
Senior Tax Accountant Requirements – Do you have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree. Ideally within Accounting or Finance; eligible for CPA exam is preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience preparing high net worth individual taxes, as well as preparing trust/fiduciary, partnership and foundation returns.
• Strong communication (verbal and written), organization, and analytical skills are a must. Exposure with UHNW Clients is preferred.
• Ability to work independently on tasks and projects.
• Strong knowledge of general accounting concepts, GAAP.
Senior Tax Accountant Rewards – If you qualify for this opportunity, the Firm offers the below:
• Base salary is extremely strong.
• Additional yearly bonus on top of base salary.
• Culture is phenomenal. They’re a collaborative, passionate team and looking for a sharp and motivated candidate to join them. Friendly, fun and exciting place to work.
• Excellent work life balance and flexible hours – even during tax season!
Senior Tax Accountant Responsibilities (Continually expanding and changing, here’s the basics:
• Prepares federal, state, and local tax returns, extension and quarterly payments for Ultra high net worth individuals, trusts, partnerships and foundations.
• Provides ongoing support to the Wealth Advisors and UHNW Clients on all Tax matters.
• Prepares correspondence in response to notices received from taxing authorities.
• Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
• Responsible for all tax reporting and oversees IRS Payments.
• Client interaction, including partnering with UHNW Clients to discuss their tax returns, K1s and quarterly payments.
• Perform extensive tax compliance, research, consulting and planning for individual, fiduciary, not for profit (private foundation), gift and estate tax. Maintains legislative materials.
• Continually revises and streamlines processes, procedures and worksheets.
• Stays up to date on tax laws by reding professional publications and participating in professional organizations.
• Ensure minimum wire distributions are met for IRAs.
How to Apply:
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential, unless you ask us to use your name. We’re looking for sharp Tax Professionals and ideally candidates that are not looking – who’s name comes to mind?