ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters are partnering with a well-established Investment Firm on a Senior Portfolio Investment Accountant opportunity. The organization is highly regarded as a leader in Commercial Real Estate and Investment Management with a well-recognized name, as well as a growing and diverse portfolio.
The Senior Portfolio Investment Accountant will oversee portfolio accounting firmwide, with an opportunity to give input to broader projects, improve & streamline processes and make an impact in the organization. They’re looking for a well-rounded candidate with partnership accounting experience in a GAAP environment.
Sr. Portfolio Investment Accountant Responsibilities Include:
- The opportunity to spearhead the improvement of systems/implementation and streamlining of processes, while overseeing the Investment Accounting software platform (Total Return) in an autonomous and collegial environment
- Assist with GL maintenance utilizing accrual based/income tax-based methods of accounting for substantial investment partnerships/funds. Day-to-day functionality includes investment transaction/brokerage statement review, bank recon preparation, journal entry, document preparation
- Complete income allocations and prepare investment management fees on both a monthly and annual basis
- Month-end review and annual review of tax documents
- Execute monthly reconciliation of marketable securities
- Lead out on project management, including mentoring team members
- Ensure successful operation of financial systems
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Sr. Portfolio Investment Accountant Rewards- If you qualify for this opportunity, the Firm offers the below:
- The Accounting Team is Collaborative and dedicated.
- The Firm touts an excellent corporate culture including a friendly and exciting place to work.
- Opportunity to spearhead and have autonomy over the Portfolio Accounting firmwide.
- Visibility internally with the ability to make an impact in the organization.
Sr. Portfolio Investment Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance (required)
- Advanced degree/professional license (preferred)
- Experience in the Public Accounting sector (preferred)
- 5-8 years related experience (required)
- Aptitude to work autonomously as well as collaboratively with a team
- Prior knowledge of investment banking (preferred)
- Excellent written/communication/presentation skills
- Prior experience with Total Return investment accounting software (a plus)
- Experience with Yardi Voyager Real Estate Management software (a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Access (preferred)
- Advanced knowledge/application of Excel (a must)
- Independent Project Management/Critical Thinking/Organizational skills (a must)
- Proficiency in Productivity and Prioritization within a deadline-driven environment
How to Apply: