ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters are partnering with a well-established Investment Firm on a Portfolio Investment Accountant opportunity. The organization is highly regarded as a leader in Commercial Real Estate and Investment Management with a well-recognized name, as well as a growing and diverse portfolio.
The Portfolio Investment Accountant will assist with the investment accounting and compliance firmwide, with an opportunity to give input to broader projects, improve & streamline processes and make an impact on the organization. They’re looking for a well-rounded up-and-coming portfolio accountant with partnership accounting experience in a GAAP environment who can work a hybrid schedule of 4 days a week in-office (in either their Manhattan or Jersey City locations).
Portfolio Investment Accountant Responsibilities Include:
• The opportunity to aid in the improvement of systems/implementation and streamlining of processes, while overseeing the Investment Accounting software platform (Total Return) in an autonomous and collegial environment
• Assist with GL maintenance utilizing accrual based/income tax-based methods of accounting for substantial investment partnerships/funds. Day-to-day functionality includes investment transaction/brokerage statement review, bank recon preparation, journal entry, document preparation.
• Complete income allocations and prepare investment management fees on both a monthly and annual basis.
• Month-end review and annual review of tax documents
• Execute monthly reconciliation of marketable securities.
• Lead out on project management.
• Ensure successful operation of financial systems and monthly transaction uploads utilizing Total Return and Yardi
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Portfolio Investment Accountant Rewards- If you qualify for this opportunity, the Firm offers the below:
• The Accounting Team is Collaborative and dedicated.
• The Firm touts an excellent corporate culture including a friendly and exciting place to work with flexibility to work-from-home on Fridays.
• Opportunity to spearhead special projects and take ownership of firmwide investment accounting.
• High visibility and collaboration with internal leadership to make a key impact in the organization.
Portfolio Investment Accountant Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/Finance (required)
• Advanced degree/professional license (preferred)
• Experience in the Public Accounting sector (preferred)
• 1+ years related experience (required)
• Aptitude to work autonomously as well as collaboratively with a team
• Prior knowledge of investment banking (preferred)
• Excellent written/communication/presentation skills
• Prior experience with Total Return investment accounting software (a plus)
• Experience with Yardi Voyager Real Estate Management software (a plus)
• Experience with Microsoft Access (preferred)
• Advanced knowledge/application of Excel (required)
• Independent Project Management/Critical Thinking/Organizational skills
• Proficiency in Productivity and Prioritization within a deadline-driven environment
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. We’re looking for up-and-coming Portfolio/Investment/Fund/Hedge Fund Accountants and ideally candidates that are not looking – who’s name comes to mind? Let Jaami know at .