ISC’s Financial Services Recruitment team is currently partnering with a prominent Wealth Manager/Family Office on a newly created Fiduciary Tax Accountant opportunity.
The firm is looking for a Fiduciary Tax professional to join their growing team. They’re located right outside of Philadelphia. The role offers tremendous long-term career development and continued growth opportunities as they continue to expand.
The Fiduciary Tax Accountant will be instrumental in partnering with UHNW Clients and Fiduciary Advisors, as well as external Accountants. This individual will also work with Fiduciary Advisors on sophisticated tax strategies including income tax planning, review of tax documents and assistance in K-1 preparation.
The Fiduciary Accountant will play a key role within the firm and is highly visible with Partners and Executives throughout multiple offices.
The opportunity is open due to growth and offers a competitive full package, excellent work environment with tremendous long-term advancement.
Fiduciary Tax Accountant – Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all tax reporting of Fiduciary accounts.
• Provide ongoing support to the Fiduciary Advisors and occasionally Wealth Advisors on Tax matters.
• Client interaction, including partnering with UHNW Clients to discuss their tax returns, K1s and quarterly payments
• Responsible for reviewing returns, Fiduciary Tax professional will look at the returns and work with Fiduciary Counsel, outside Accountant and Client on ensuring the returns are filed correctly.
• Ensure minimum wire distributions are met for IRAs.
• Oversees IRS Payments.
• Analysis of K1’s and regular contact with outsourced Accounting team.
• Coordinate tax compliance and planning responsibilities.
• Perform extensive tax compliance, research, consulting and planning for individual, fiduciary, not for profit (private foundation), gift and estate tax.
• Proficient in the preparation of individual, corporate, partnership, fiduciary and other tax returns prepared by external CPA’s.
Fiduciary Tax Accountant – Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree. Ideally within Accounting or Finance; eligible for CPA exam is preferred.
• Good communication (verbal and written), organization, and analytical skills are a must. Exposure with UHNW Clients is preferred.
• Ability to work independently on tasks and projects.
• Strong knowledge of general accounting concepts
• Experience preparing individual taxes; preferred experience preparing Fiduciary tax returns.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
• We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential, unless you ask us to use your name. We’re looking for sharp Tax Professionals and ideally candidates that are not looking – who’s name comes to mind?