Of all the challenges an HR department runs into, diversity tops the list as one of the most discussed and most well-researched…and one of the most misunderstood and anxiety-provoking.
Let’s start with a simple definition: Workplace diversity is the inclusion of different people in the workplace, and all that entails (diversity on teams, in leadership, voices making decisions, etc.)
What kinds of people need to be considered when organizations are thinking about diversity?
- Generations (Boomer, Gen X, Millennial, Gen Z)
- Backgrounds and cultures of origin
- Sexual orientations (LGBTQ+)
- Personality types (such as DISC types, or introvert/extrovert/ambivert)
- Socio-economic backgrounds
- Styles of learning (visual learners, auditory learners, etc.)
Read the full article at: www.hrdive.com