ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters is partnering with a prominent Wealth Manager (RIA) with offices throughout the U.S. The firm specializes in providing customized investment management and investment advisory services to their clients – Ultra-High Net Worth individuals, families, trusts, foundations, and endowments.
Due to growth, the firm is looking for a Director of Trust Services to join their Family Offices Services team in the NYC office. The Family Office Services team provides a unique and high touch service offering to select Ultra-High Net Worth individuals and families looking for personalized Family Office support. This role will be highly visible within the Firm with opportunities to collaborate with other departments and in interface with Clients.
Director of Trust and Family Office Services Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 10 years’ experience in trust administration and estate planning with a financial institution, law firm, or family office
• CTFA preferred. JD welcomed, but not required.
• Experience with Partnerships and LLC’s. Exposure to Trusts/Estates and Tax prep required.
• Experience in multiple property management and employee oversight a plus.
• Excellent communication skill, written and verbal, with internal and external stakeholders are essential to this role.
Director of Trust and Family Office Services Rewards:
• Rapidly growing and well-established organization.
• High visibility to Executive Leadership with opportunities to expand the position and continued professional development.
• Competitive base, bonus, and compensation structure with excellent benefits.
• Rewarding culture and team within a client focused, family-oriented firm.
Director of Trust and Family Office Services Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key contributor in partnership with Client accounting firms in the creation of annual budget and reporting.
• Review all new trusts and perform annual trust audits to ensure regulatory requirements are met in addition to maintaining and updating all estate planning documents. Member of the Firm’s Trust Review Committee.
• Manage and administer philanthropic giving for client.
• Oversee management of all properties domestic and abroad with regard to communication and property manager coordination including new construction ventures.
• Provide strategic review of all money movements such as bill pay, payroll, and distributions for UHNW clients.
• Monitor and audit internal processes to ensure efficiency and compliance with required regulations.
• Serve as main point of contact for auditing agencies.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the team.
• Advocate for the Family Office Services team as the face of the department, interface with Partner level and Client Advisors on benefits of these services to provide occasional support in perspective client meetings.
• Manage and lead ad hoc projects as needed by clients.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. We are looking for sharp Trust candidates, and ideally individuals that are not looking – whose name comes to mind? Please send referrals to Lisa Finch.