Director of Merchandising/Sourcing
Fantastic opportunity to join a thriving company in the Dallas TX area.
We are on the hunt for a Director of Merchandise who will take part in development of Marketing Plans, promotional campaigns for new and existing products.
Director of Merchandising-RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain vendor relationship and vendor programs.
3. Work closely with the sales teams.
4. Develops new products and product lines.
5. Responsible for negotiating, documentation, and communication.
6. Provides regulatory guidance in the development and implementation of new products and services.
7. Investigate industry trends and customer requirements to create new products and work closely with the sales team and Director of Marketing.
8. Provides effective communication to personnel through objective setting, delegation, communication, coaching and recognition.
9. Travel as required foe conferences/meetings.
10. Developing merchandise and plans to release new products.
11. Participate in outside committee meeting.
12. Provides leadership and direction for the Merchandising department.
13. Closely work with Management, Salesforce, and Marketing team.
14. Does annual budgets
Director of Merchandising-REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Distribution, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, or related business discipline
- 5 years plus Merchandising or Product Management experience ideally with a distributor or manufacturer in the hardlines industry
- Global sourcing experience including cost containment/reduction.
- Prior Management experience, with a minimum of 2 direct reports
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel specifically with an increased level of experience using VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables.
- Some travel is required, both foreign and domestic.
- Experience working with SAP (or similar tier 1 ERP system) and warehouse management software
- CPIM and/or CPM certification a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Prior experience in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment with a proven ability to prioritize and accomplish goals within specified time frames.
- Must be results oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to manage/supervise department and team members
- Understanding of product features benefits, pricing, position, design and advertising.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Execution skills with resilience to ensure a desirable outcome is always achieved.
Compensation is highly competitive, along with bonus plan and EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE!
Relocation will be provided to stellar candidates that meet all of our mandatory qualifications.