ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters has been retained by a prominent and growing global investment firm. The firm specializes in providing customized global investment management and investment advisory services to their clients – Ultra-High Net Worth individuals, families, trusts, foundations, and endowments. They’re seeking a talented Controller to provide support for geographic expansion and continued growth.
The Controller will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for all financial reporting and control responsibilities across the company globally. The Controller will partner with the CFO on implementing, managing, and running all finance related activities including oversight on financial and regulatory audits, and financial reporting across several entities. The Controller is also responsible for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant accounting experience with at least 5 years of experience leading within a financial reporting role in a publicly traded company.
• Previous public accounting experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge and experience with GAAP; experience and familiarity with IFRS desirable
• Experience with oversight of multiple entities, managing and reporting across multiple jurisdictions.
• Proficiency with reporting software and systems, e.g. Hyperion, NetSuite, Oracle, or Sage
• Experience with acquisition accounting and integrations, purchase price allocations, consolidations, eliminations, and post M&A financial reporting and systems support.
• Knowledge and familiarity with transfer pricing and different tax regimes across US, Europe, and Asia is desirable.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• Rapidly growing and well-established organization.
• Competitive total compensation program inclusive of base salary, bonus, and profit sharing with excellent benefits.
• Rewarding culture and team within a client focused, family-oriented firm.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Partner with portfolio companies’ controllers and finance teams globally to manage the monthly financial reporting to ensure that month-ends are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Oversee monthly reporting packages and all financial statements across several entities.
• Review and approve the accuracy of all financial reports company wide, including within each business line and consolidate across all offices and business.
• Lead performance analysis and provide robust and transparent financial insights to the leadership team on corporate financial performance, as well as historical analysis and live trends.
• Collaborate with the FP&A team and assist the CFO with Financial Analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
• Continual process improvement and innovation partnering with key internal stakeholders to design, build and implement more efficient financial operation processes, including monthly closing and reporting processes.
• Improve internal control framework and ensure controls are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
• Implement and integrate global ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, MIS (Management Information System) and other financial reporting, operation, and control systems.
• Partner with CFO and senior leadership on establishing upcoming year financial objectives.
• Continually research and stay well-informed to US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and changes to regulatory reporting requirements.
• Manage projects surrounding process improvement [and pitch/present to Board and C-level as needed]
• Manage global audit process and oversee correspondence with the external auditor.
• Provide support and counsel to global offices on IFRSs and GAAP accounting
• Lead or assist in accounting for potential merger/acquisitions.
• Perform or support technical accounting analysis, including purchase price allocation (PPA) for acquisitions, goodwill and intangible assets accounting, capitalization vs. expense issues, and revenue recognition.
• Partner with the CFO to manage department employees and delegate/allocate projects assisting with evaluations, training and problem solving to build a strong team dynamic.