The ISC’s team of Banking Recruiters is working with a growing bank with a strong presence in the Dallas-Fort Worth market. The Bank has been extremely successfully serving the DFW Market through high-touch relationship banking, strong financial position, and community commitment. The Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Consumer Loan Underwriter to join their team. The role provides tremendous, long- term growth, excellent support, and resources with the ability for uncapped potential.
We’re looking for a strong Consumer Loan Underwriter who to underwrite consumer loan requests and contributes to the achievement of consumer lending growth, profitability, and asset quality objectives.
• Communicates with Personal Bankers and customers as necessary to achieve a mutually agreeable transaction and underwrites the loan using sound underwriting judgment and independent decision-making. Structures and documents exceptions to published loan policy and presents to management for approval.
• Responsible for compliance of assigned applications to applicable lending regulations and internal processing procedures. Maintains current knowledge of regulations and procedures.
• Orders and reviews credit reports to ensure Bank’s collateral position can be achieved.
• Drafts the loan agreement and reviews for accuracy, and completeness.
• Analyzes the competitive environment through market surveys of assigned competitors, conversations with loan applicants, and maintaining a general awareness of competitor’s advertisements. Recommends changes to management as needed.
• Develops and maintains summary and credit approval report.
• Resolves escalated customer issues.
• Growing and well-established organization.
• Competitive compensation structure with excellent benefits.
• Rewarding culture and team within a client focused, family-oriented bank.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience.
• Two (2) years banking experience in a consumer loan underwriting role – preferably auto loans.
• Applied knowledge of underwriting fundamentals and standard industry practices.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal communication and relationship management skills.
• Ability to prioritize initiatives and duties.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to recognize potential red flags, inconsistencies within files documentation and other problem areas and initiate proper mitigation action.
• Experience with FIS and MeridanLink a plus.
How to Apply:
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. We’re looking for sharp Head of Fiduciary Services and ideally candidates that are not looking – who’s name comes to mind?