Compliance Officer- El Paso, Texas
Work for a financial institution that has been in business for many years and is one of the fastest growing banks.
Our employee benefits package includes competitive salaries, incentive programs, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, employer-matched 401k, award-winning training programs, professional development programs, tuition assistance and paid leave.
Compliance Officer- El Paso, TX RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Evaluate the banks policies and procedures.
2. Follow all security procedures.
3. Maintain knowledge of regulations appropriate for position.
4. Collaborates with management to maintain applicable laws and compliance.
5. Interacts with Compliance auditors.
6. Provides regulatory guidance in the development and implementation of new products and services.
7. Assumes responsibilities for ensuring that professional business relationships are established and maintained with regulatory compliance agencies and auditors.
8. Provides effective communication to personnel through objective setting, delegation, communication, coaching and recognition.
9. Manager duties such as review3s, counseling and developing staff. .
10. Work closely Financial Management.
11. Participate in outside committee meeting.
12. Supports the Banking mission, vision, and strategic business initiatives of the bank.
13. Participate in weekly or as needed business loan committee meetings to approve or deny new or renewed business loans.
Job Requirements for Compliance Officer El Paso, TX role
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a Business-related field.
- NAFCU NCCO certification; or earn within one year of hire date;
- BSA certification, or earn within one year of hire date and other industry certifications (CFE, etc.) preferred,
- At least 5 years researching, interpreting and influencing compliance with a financial institution laws and regulations.
- Two years’ Supervisory Experience, preferably in a compliance role.
- Prefer at least 5 years’ experience working in a CU or other FI
- Experience utilizing a strategic business partnership approach to compliance with a strong emphasis on the ability to influence management (supervisors, managers, directors, VP, EVP, CEO) to take actions to be more compliant with relevant regulation, where applicable.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Federal and State financial regulations.
- Understanding of financial services operations,
- Understanding of how to read and interpret, and apply Federal and State financial regulations with the ability to complete research, provide specific recommendations for application, and gather and recommend Credit Union or Banking best practices.
- Understanding of internal auditing is a plus.
Compensation is highly competitive and based on prior experience .