The ISC’s team of Banking Recruiters is working with a growing bank with a strong presence in the Dallas-Fort Worth market. The Bank has been extremely successfully serving the area through high-touch relationship banking, strong financial position, and community commitment. The Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Underwriter to join their team. The role provides tremendous, long- term growth, excellent support, and resources with the ability for uncapped potential.
We are looking for a strong Commercial Underwriter to cover a dual role of portfolio analytics and commercial underwriting. The core responsibility will be the underwriting of commercial real estate loans in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations; however, data analysis for performance measurement and trend evaluation will be part of the role as well.
The role provides excellent support and resources with the ability for tremendous long-term growth.
Commercial Underwriter – Commercial Banking Responsibilities:
• Evaluate commercial loan applications and analyze credit information to review and determine creditworthiness. Deliver EVP Credit and Risk Management to give input on how the Bank should move forward. Responsible maintaining on-going communication with the with appropriate management on status.
• Maintain financial analysis and risk assessment for a commercial credit portfolio.
• Spread statements for potential clients, as well as renewals. This includes financial spreading, cash flow and CRE template preparation.
• Formulate credit memos for new, as well as renewal requests, on complex credits clients. Serving as the point of contact on large credits going before the Credit Committee.
• Regular interaction with the Commercial Banking team – including Commercial RMs, EVP Credit and Risk Management.
• Lead in the preparation of portfolio reports assessing on-going risk.
• Partner with the management team on workflow and assigning credits. Additional opportunities to mentor, train and guide other Underwriters.
Commercial Underwriter – Commercial Banking Requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of Banking experience, specifically within credit and underwriting of Commercial Real Estate loans. SBA underwriting experience would be a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree. Ideally within Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
• Knowledge of advanced accounting principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of portfolio analytics a plus.
• Formal credit training preferred.
Know someone who might qualify? We gladly pay $500 Referral Fees for referrals who result in hire – Please send Lisa referral name and information. All referrals are confidential. We will contact you upon successful placement.