(Additional Opportunities located in: Cincinnati, OH, Indianapolis, IN and Louisville, KY)
Our Client is a well-established Bank with a strong presence throughout the Mid-West. They have been extremely successful in serving the region through high-touch relationship banking, strong financial position, and community commitment.
Due to continued growth, the Commercial Banking team is looking for an additional Commercial Underwriter in Columbus, OH.
Senior Commercial Underwriter – Do you have the following:
• Minimum of 5 years of Banking experience, specifically within Commercial Banking Underwriting. Business Banking Underwriters are welcomed to apply.
• Bachelor’s Degree. Ideally within Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration.
• Knowledge of advanced accounting principles and techniques.
• Master’s Degree in Business, not required but preferred.
Senior Commercial Underwriter Rewards – If you qualify for this opportunity the Bank offers:
• Exceptional full compensation, including competitive base, bonus, profit share and 401K.
• Open due to internal promotion – continued opportunities for growth and career development.
• Phenomenal culture and team environment, they’re a passionate group who is looking to bring on a dedicated key player who will have the opportunity to make an impact.
• Flexibility and work/ life balance.
Senior Commercial Underwriter Responsibilities (Continually expanding and changing, here’s the basics):
• Evaluate commercial loan applications and analyze credit information to review and determine creditworthiness. Deliver to Manager and Market President to give input on how the Bank should move forward. Responsible maintaining on going communication with the with appropriate management on status.
• Maintain financial analysis and risk assessment for a commercial credit portfolio of primarily Commercial & Industrial loans.
• Spread statements for potential clients, as well as renewals. This includes financial spreading, cash flow and template preparation.
• Formulate credit memos for new, as well as renewal requests, on complex credits clients. Serving as the point of contact on large credits going before the Credit Committee.
• Partner with the Commercial Relationship Managers in preparing documents for presentation to the credit authorities for decisions on transaction credit requests and reviews. Attend loan committee meetings when being presented.
• Regular interaction with the Commercial Banking team – including Commercial RMs, Regional Management and Market Presidents.
• Attend client meetings alongside Commercial Banking team for large credit discussions as the point person for underwriting questions. Lead in the preparation of portfolio reports assessing on-going risk.
• Partner with the management team on workflow and assigning credits. Additional opportunities to mentor, train and guide other Underwriters.
For Consideration, Please Send Resumes directly to Lisa Finch.
Know someone who might qualify? We gladly pay $500 Referral Fees for referrals who result in hire – Please send Anna referral name and information. All referrals are confidential. We will contact you upon successful placement.