ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters has been retained by a prominent and growing global investment firm. The firm specializes in providing customized global investment management and investment advisory services to their clients – Ultra-High Net Worth individuals, families, trusts, foundations, and endowments. They’re seeking a talented Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead their firm through geographic expansion and continued growth.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be part of the Executive team and will assess and evaluate Company’s financial performance and activities, as well as oversee the Finance team. The CFO will be responsible for strategy, planning, implementing, managing, and running all the finance activities including analysis, business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting across several entities. They will also maintain investor relations and external relationships and be responsible for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory requirements and oversees the financial and regulatory audits.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
• Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience within a global business, preferably Financial Services or Asset Management.
• Knowledge and experience in GAAP.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.
• Rapidly growing and well-established organization.
• Member of the C-Suite with direct impact on the firm’s strategic direction.
• Competitive total compensation program inclusive of base salary, bonus, and profit sharing with excellent benefits.
• Rewarding culture and team within a client focused, family-oriented firm.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team.
• Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports for the consolidated entity.
• Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting including reporting for Board meetings.
• Implement quarterly reporting; work with the Controllers to ready the team on preparing and releasing financial statements.
• Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
• Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
• Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
• Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
• Analyze trends and data and advise on long-term business and financial planning. Create financial reporting and analytics to assist the business in making decisions.
• Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
• Establish and develop relationships with senior management and external parties and stakeholders such as consultants and auditors.
• Review, maintain and implements finance related policies and procedures. Create and oversee governance requirements.
• Communicate, engage, and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive team and provide strategic recommendations.
• Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
• Corporate insurance risk management, counterpart risk management and bank loan negotiations
• Partner with the Firm’s Compensation Committee in the development and implementation of compensation processes and plans, as needed.
• Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
• Creation and oversight of the Firm’s PCR (Public Company Readiness) plan. This includes, assessing and implementing improvements and updates to financial reporting processes, information technology improvements and implementations, review of GRC (governance, risk, and compliance) capabilities, forecasting and budgeting procedures are in place, development of a workplan with timeline and resources needed.
• Meet with potential investors to presenting Firm’s financial story and pitch. Responsible for preparing and executing presentations alongside other C Level.
• Effectively communicate the Firm’s strategy and financials to investors including investor presentations, models, and data.
• Other duties as assigned including intercompany structure, capital structure and dividend analysis, Asset and liability matching, and credit ratings management.