ISC’s Financial Services Recruitment team is partnering with a leading and highly ranked Investment firm with a strong presence on the West Coast. Due to continued growth, the firm is looking for a Chief Compliance Office to join their Trust Company. This individual can be in South Pasadena, CA or Newport Beach, CA or Reno, NV. Relocation is fully paid.
The organization is a leader in the Multi-Family Office space and known for their exceptional client service and fiduciary approach. They pride themselves on being a highly collaborative team with a low turnover, excellent benefits, and competitive full package. They’re a group of passionate & driven professionals looking for someone to lead their Compliance Department.
Excellent opportunity to join a highly collaborative, best in class and highly respected company. This individual will work closely with their Chief Legal Counsel, as well as Head of Wealth Management and CEO and be an integral part of the organization across all offices.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related.
• Master’s degree, CPA designation or Law degree is desirable.
• Professional certification is highly preferred, such as Certified Bank Compliance Officer (CBCO), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), or Certified Regulatory and Compliance – Professional (CRCP) would be an asset.
• Minimum of 10 plus years in a Compliance Officer or higher role.
• Industry Experience is required: Banking, Trust, or Investment Management.
• Comprehensive understanding of operational risk, investment risk, regulatory risk.
• Experience and success working with regulators.
• Experience as a Federal Reserve/OCC/FDIC or state regulator is desirable.
• Rewarding culture within a highly collaborative team.
• Growing firm with excellent reputation.
• Opportunity to lead the Compliance Team.
• High visibility to C level with opportunities to continue expanding role.
• Competitive total compensation program inclusive of base salary, bonus, and profit sharing with excellent benefits.
• Relocation fully paid. We’re open to a candidate in South Pasadena, Newport Beach or Reno.
• Designing, improving, and managing the Firm’s compliance function, and leading the effort in enterprise risk management with the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel, and the CFO.
• Identifying and communicating banking and trust laws, regulations and best practices to the firm’s business lines.
• Investigating and acting on all related compliance matters, including designing and coordinating internal investigations.
• Review and implement the compliance program and partner with team members to implement testing programs.
• Establishing training programs for employees.
• Revise and continually update policies and procedures to meet ongoing regulatory requirements and current business operational needs, reporting regularly to Senior Management and organizing and developing the appropriate compliance reports for presentation to our various committees, Senior Management, and the respective Boards of Directors.
• Oversee best client on‐boarding practices in compliance with AML/BSA requirements.
• Work with internal and outside legal counsel to assess, oversee and develop appropriate Investment and Trust/Fiduciary controls and procedures.
• Partner with the Deputy General Counsel, General Counsel, and the CFO in assessing, overseeing, and improving the risk management practices currently set forth in its Risk Assessment and Control Evaluation (“RACE”) document, as well as working with Business and Operations teams and the firm’s auditors and other outside resources to identify risks and establish appropriate controls.
• Develop on‐going processes to address and mitigate firm risk and create appropriate reports for Senior Management and the Boards as part of the overall governance structure.
How to Apply:
Please contact Anna Souers, Executive Recruiter, ISC. 800-450-3808,
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential, unless you ask us to use your name. We are looking for sharp Compliance candidates and ideally candidates that are not looking – whose name comes to mind?