ISC’s team of Sales Recruiters has been retained by a growing Management Consulting Company, who provide consulting services to government agencies to identify candidates for a Business Development Specialist with technical writing capabilities in the greater Fairfax, VA area. This is a newly created opportunity due to growth.
Business Development Specialist / Technical Writer Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Development or a related field.
· 5+ years of experience supporting Business Development initiatives to include identifying and qualifying new business opportunities for Federal Government agencies, researching information on government contracts/contractors, collecting and compiling data for reports, documentation, and information for proposals, solicitations or request for quotes.
· Must have prior technical writing experience supporting RFI’s and RFP’s.
· Ability to create strong business relationships with external partners and work effectively with teams in the organization.
· Must have strong analytical skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communications, interpersonal, planning and organization skills.
· Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
· Highly motivated, passionate, enthusiastic and results oriented.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and other IT Technology.
Business Development Specialist / Technical Writer Rewards:
· Competitive strong base salary commensurate with experience
· Incentive program
· Comprehensive benefit package
· Flexible work schedule (2 days remote work)
· Rewarding culture with a highly innovative and collaborative team.
· Career Potential. The Company is growing and with that comes great opportunity for long term career growth.
Business Development Specialist / Technical Writer Responsibilities:
· Support business development and the proposal support team in researching information on government contracts/contractors, collecting and compiling data for reports, documentation, and information for proposals, solicitations or request for quotes.
· Edit information to meet format and style in accordance with submission requirements.
· Assist with budget development for budget & proposal costs.
· Assist with the development of Capture and Marketing Plans.
· Provide assistance to project managers and technical writers in preparing narrative input.
· Assemble and review written material to meet delivery dates.
How to Apply:
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in a hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Specialist / Technical Writer whose name comes to mind? Please send referrals to