ISC’s team of Sales & Marketing Recruiters has been retained by a growing and well established company who support government agencies such as DHS, CBP, ICE and USCIS to recruit an experienced Director of Business Development and Marketing in the greater Fairfax, VA area.
Director of Business Development and Marketing Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in new business development and marketing.
• Must have 8+ years of experience in a management role as a Program / Account Manager.
• Must have 5+ years of experience working with Federal Agencies such as Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Defense (DoD), Human & Health Services (HHS) and Veterans Affairs (VA).
• Experience identifying, qualifying and winning contracts.
• Prior experience with large IDIQ’s.
• Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies strongly preferred.
• Ability to work effectively in a small and collaborative environment.
• Successful track record of prospecting, researching, and qualifying targets, generating sales reports, sales pipelines and funnel management for new business opportunities. This is a HUNTR role, focusing on new business
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, planning, organizational, negotiation, decision making, project management and problem solving skills.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and other IT Technology.
• Ability to travel 20-25%.
Director of Business Development and Marketing Rewards:
• Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
• Uncapped commission
• Medical, Dental, Disability and Life insurance
• Employer matched 401(K) Savings Plan
• Employee Stock Ownership
• Paid time off and holidays
• Rewarding culture and team within a client focused, family-oriented company.
• Career Potential. The Company is rapidly growing and with that comes great opportunity for long term career growth.
Director of Business Development and Marketing Responsibilities:
• Manage sales, advertising and marketing research efforts for the company.
• Identify and qualify new business opportunities for Federal Government agencies and oversee the management process, to include identification, qualification, and determination for contracts for business development opportunities.
• Formulate and execute strategies and pipeline development.
• Provide strategic leadership and development to the Business Development team to include Marketing and Advertising.
• Partner with key stakeholders to identify business needs and utilize business development efforts to present custom capabilities to meet client’s needs.
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with new and current Federal Government partners to include, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Defense (DoD), Human & Health Services (HHS) and Veterans Affairs (VA).
• Facilitate the receipt, distribution, analysis, bid decision, and development of Task Order responses within the company.
• Ensure deliverables and milestones are accomplished on schedule, with budget and of high quality.
• Establish and maintain team communication and serve as a liaison between the company and the Government.
• Research, analyze, and monitor market, financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities.
• Participate in the development of annual and long-range strategic business plans.
• Manage the opportunity pipeline process for revenue projections and direct input to the company’s budget and forecasting process.
• Implement and enhance strategic marketing and communication strategies to achieve corporate objectives for product and services.
How to apply:
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?