Our client is a prominent, progressive, and rapidly growing Financial Institution with strong roots in the Greater South Bend area. The Assistant Controller position is a highly visible role, reporting into the Controller with heavy interaction with the CFO. Opportunities to be instrumental in leading strategic initiatives across the organization and oversee the Accounting Department.
We’re in search of an innovator who is passionate about what they do and has an interest in improving processes and procedures, thrives in a collaborative environment and is detailed and experienced in financial analytics.
Assistant Controller Requirements;
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a Senior financial accounting and reporting role responsible for financial analysis, planning and oversight of financial systems.
• Previous experience within a Financial Institution is preferred.
• Strong regulatory reporting experience, GAAP knowledge and background in financial statement preparation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
• CPA or CMA preferred.
Controller Rewards – If you qualify for this opportunity, the Firm offers the below;
• Financial institution with a strong reputation, continued growth and strong financial position.
• Exceptional benefits, yearly bonus and unlimited opportunities to continue building your career.
• Flexible schedule with the ability to work remotely and have flex office hours. Work/life balance is encouraged and respected.
• Culture of excellence, with team members who are passionate about what they do and committed to the growth and success of the company.
• Supports the Controller in managing and overseeing the Accounting team.
• Directs and manages all financial reporting functions for the organization and subsidiaries.
• Oversees SEC filings and other regulatory reporting, coordinates regulatory exams with various agencies.
• Review and approve the accuracy of all financial reports company wide, including within each business line.
• Provides accounting direction and support to various accounting functions throughout the organization.
• Manages and oversees audit of financial statements and acts as the main point of contact with external accounting firms.
• Directs and manages the GL and reconciliation process.
• Creates, manages, and oversees the budgeting and forecasting process yearly. Partner with Controller and senior leadership on upcoming year financial objectives.
• Remains current with GAAP accounting rules and responsible for any impact to financial statements or footnotes. Manages any implementation of changes, including internal controls.
• Continually look for ways in increase efficiency, improve processes and procedures.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential, unless you ask us to use your name. We’re looking for sharp Financial / Bank Controller candidates, and ideally individuals that are not looking – who’s name comes to mind? Please send referrals to Lisa.