ISC’s team of Financial Services and Banking Recruiters are partnering on an Assistant Controller search for a leading financial institution.
Our client is a prominent, progressive, and rapidly growing Financial Institution with strong roots in the consumer lending market. The Assistant Controller position is a highly visible role, reporting into the CEO and sitting on the leadership committee with opportunities to be instrumental in leading strategic initiatives across the organization.
We’re in search of an innovator who is passionate about what they do and has an interest in improving processes and procedures, thrives in a collaborative environment and is detailed and experienced in financial analytics.
Assistant Controller Requirements:
- Minimum of five years of experience in a Senior financial accounting and reporting role responsible for financial analysis, planning and oversight of financial systems.
- Previous experience within a Financial Institution is preferred.
- Strong regulatory reporting experience.
- Experience with Loan Vision a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
Assistant Controller Rewards – If you qualify for this opportunity, the Firm offers the below:
- Financial institution with a strong reputation, continued growth, and strong financial position.
- Exceptional benefits, yearly bonus, and unlimited opportunities to continue building your career.
- Culture of excellence, with team members who are passionate about what they do and committed to the growth and success of the company.
Assistant Controller Responsibilities – Continually evolving but here are the basics:
- Manage loan accounting, investment accounting and financial reporting activities
- Ensure the completion of monthly and quarterly reconciliations
- Work with outside auditors and regulators with regard to accounting records, departmental procedures and internal controls
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records as well as the timely close of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting periods
- Continually look for ways in increase efficiency, improve processes and procedures.
- Manage projects surrounding process improvement and pitch/present to Board and C-level as needed.
- Partner with internal stakeholders on all departmental accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis. Provide support as needed, as well as recommendations for process improvement.
- Review and approve the accuracy of all financial reports company wide, including within each business line.
- Continually research and stay well-informed to US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and changes to regulatory reporting requirements.
- Create, manage, and oversee the budgeting and forecasting process yearly. Partner with CEO and senior leadership on upcoming year financial objectives.
How to Apply:
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. We are looking for sharp Financial / Bank Assistant Controller candidates, whose name comes to mind? Please send referrals to Lisa.