The ISC’s team of Banking Recruiters is working with a growing bank with a strong presence in the Dallas-Fort Worth market. We are seeking a detail-oriented Accounting Specialist to perform accounting tasks in collaboration with internal departments. You will be assisting with audits on the accuracy of our financial information, providing assurance that our accounting practices adhere to regulations, and performing general ledger entries and account reconciliations.
Accounting Specialist Responsibilities:
• Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial information.
• Performing audits on financial data to assure its accuracy and truthfulness.
• Ensuring that financial information complies with professional and regulatory standards.
• Aligning general ledger accounting practices to support budgeting and forecasting.
• Entering financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger on a monthly basis, as well as preparing reports.
• Performing account analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct.
• Reconciling accounts with the general ledger.
• Gathering supporting documentation and performing recordkeeping.
• Keeping abreast of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting.
Accounting Specialist Requirements:
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in accounting, or in a related specialization.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidate preferred.
• 2 years of experience in general ledger accounting, or similar.
• 2 years of experience in banking preferred.
• Proficiency in accounting and business management software, such as Horizon.
• In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and regulations.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Superb time-management and organizational skills.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in a hire and keep all referrals confidential, unless you ask us to use your name.