ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters has been retained by a prominent and growing global investment firm. The firm specializes in providing customized investment management and investment advisory services to their clients – Ultra-High Net Worth individuals, families, trusts, foundations, and endowments. They’re seeking to add a specialist to their Family Office Services Accounting team in the Seattle office.
The firm is looking for an Accountant in the Seattle area, to join their Family Office Services team. The role offers tremendous long-term career development and continued growth opportunities as they expand.
The Accountant will partner with the UHNW clients and wealth management teams by processing the general client cash and accounting activity as well as support the Client Service Team with account related administration. This individual will have the opportunity to aid in the migration from QuickBooks and the implementation of/be trained on NetSuite to become a product specialist.
Accountant Requirements – To qualify, you must possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Similar degree.
• 3+ years of related experience required.
• Experience in GAAP and Tax/Cash basis accounting principles, investment accounts, AP payable and AR preferred.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks/NetSuite/other accounting software required.
• Experience with Bill.com (or other similar bill pay application) preferred.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office programs required.
• Aptitude to analyze/report on both qualitative and quantitative data.
• The Accountant must be a highly detail-oriented/deadline driven/critical thinking professional who possessed the communication/integrity/analytical skills to manage large private investor relationships/transactional support with little supervision.
Accountant Rewards – If you qualify for this opportunity, the Firm offers the below:
• Collaborative, passionate, and dedicated team with a dynamic atmosphere. Excellent corporate culture and a friendly, fun, and exciting place to work.
• Excellent Growth Potential: Both the Firm and the Family Office Services Team are rapidly growing and with that comes incredible opportunities for daily growth and long-term career development opportunities.
• Competitive base salary & annual Bonus.
Accountant Responsibilities, continually expanding and changing, here are the basics:
• Support system migration & integration from QuickBooks to NetSuite, while overseeing the final approval of the AP work flows in an autonomous and collegial environment.
• Maintain client accounts and personal records for clients, as well as prepare statements, vouchers, invoices, checks, customized financial reports, and other records, always ensuring accuracy and discretion as well as meet processing deadlines.
• Request/Review/Document client invoices and work-flow management, while ensuring cash balances are sufficient and regularly monitored for Accounts Payable.
• Obtain/Document client approval for invoices, bills, and financial items.
• Execute balance reconciliations per individual client needs.
• Ensure all assigned clients’ trust/personal/business transactions are verified and posted in a timely manner (examples include funds received/disbursed, TOA’s and updated values/ownerships).
• Aid in the preparation/support of client tax reports including preparation of 1099s, W-2s, etc.
• Direct client interaction responding to information requests/preparation of financial reports/and managing special client projects such as audits.
• Reconcile all data and transactions to GL/statements for all client accounts.
• Identify NIGO transactions/processes in need of improvement.
• Establish/Maintain client files.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. We’re looking for sharp Family Office Accounting Specialists and ideally candidates that are not looking – who’s name comes to mind? Let Jaami Clement know at .