4 ways to quickly change the future:
#1. Reject consistency.
Consistency is the enemy of change unless you consistently change things.
Repetition congeals the past.
Stopping is a beginning.
- Having the same conversations over and over.
- Doing the same things and expecting different results.
- Thinking the same way about situations that aren’t changing.
- Asking the same questions.
#2. Act differently.
Someone said, “The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams.”
Dreaming is a source of frustration for those who refuse to change.
“If you always do what you’ve always done, you always get what you’ve always gotten.” Uncertain attribution
The future is created now.
#3. Welcome new people into your life.
- Invite people from other departments to attend your meetings.
- Listen to children’s books.
- Ask the clerk at the store for the secret to success.
- Take a casual introduction to the next level. Have coffee, for example.
#4. Try one new thing today.
Tomorrow will be the same as today unless you do something differently today.